These healthy muffins taste delicious and are perfect for breakfast and dessert, especially in the fall and winter season. You’ll be surprised, how the sweet banana with your favorite flavors pair perfectly. Also, if you’re like me and need to do something with left over bananas this is the perfect recipe.
There’s always and abundance of left over bananas in my house. Instead of throwing them away before they get too old or in the freezer for smoothies, every once in awhile I use them for cookies or muffins. Also, pairing them with Greek yogurt keeps the muffins fabulously moist.
- 3 Bananas (mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly coat 8 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir in the mashed banana, honey, and yogurt, thoroughly until no large lumps of yogurt or banana remain. Add honey, vanilla, flour mixture and baking powder.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups. Gently place your desired topping on top and through each individual muffin cup.
- Baked at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, until coated light brown or firm to the touch. You can also insert a toothpick into the center, and if it comes out clean, your muffins are done!
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before gently removing the cupcakes from the pan.
Notes: Frozen or fresh fruit can be added. Fresh fruit is my favorite, but keep in mind that frozen fruit holds water. If using frozen, let them thaw for only a few minutes on the counter-top, until it’s easy to slice through them. Also, add an extra 2 minutes to the bake time for frozen fruit (about 20-25 minutes).
Store any leftovers in a zip-topped bag in the refrigerator for up to 6 days. To reheat, place on in the microwave for 13-17 seconds.
I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe. Thanks for reading and leave a comment below, #SimplyBE!